- The Veggie Egg Bake is super satisfying.
- You can make it as easy or difficult as you like by what you choose to put in it.
- Use leftover vegetables or saute up some fresh ones.
- It's lower in fat and cholesterol by using all egg whites, tremendously satiating and bulky with the vegetables (since we do eat by volume most of the time), and leaving out the crust that you would find in a quiche.
- Not to mention this is a great dish for leftovers. They can help themselves whenever they are hungry.
Visit That's Vegetarian's website, blog , and YouTube channel for more information, videos, and recipes!! You'll find yourself saying "That's Vegetarian?!"
Veggie Egg Bake aka Crustless Quiche
1 c Onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
5 Mushrooms, sliced
10 Olives, chopped
1/2 Green peppers, diced
1/2 Red pepper, diced
2-3 stalks Broccoli, diced
10 Baby carrots, sliced
10 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
Handful of spinach, chopped
Parmesan cheese (opt)
16 oz carton Egg whites
1/4 t Celery salt
1/4 t Garlic powder
1/4 t Pepper
1/4 t Ground sage
1 t Tarragon
1/2 t Turmeric
1/4 t Paprika
3 T Fat free milk
5 Basil leaves, fresh chopped
2 oz Shredded cheese (opt)
1 Tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray the bottom of a pie dish with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
Sautee vegetables to get any extra liquid out, otherwise the egg bake can be a little runny. Start with onions, and then garlic then the harder veggies ending with the spinach. Place sautéed vegetables in bottom of pan. Put shredded cheese and fresh basil on top.
Add spices and milk to egg whites and shake to mix. Pour over veggies and cheese. Place the slice tomatoes to make a pretty design.
Bake at 400F for 10 minutes then lower temp to 350F and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
Post a Comment