Friday, February 10, 2017

Avocado. Kale. What to do? What to do?

I was frustrated at school the other day when the line was super long to heat up my
lunch in the microwave. So I decided that I would no longer bring something that needed to be heated. I'm the queen of looking the fridge and cupboard and came up with a kale avocado sandwich. Not new. Not original per se. But it reminds us to be creative with what we have in the kitchen.

Chop the kale (or cut up with scissors like I did). About 2 handfuls.  Put in a bowl.  Add 1 avocado and about a teaspoon of lime juice. Mix and mash it up. Add a few dashes of turmeric, smoked paprika and if you want some heat, a little chipotle pepper. Mix some more. Now it is ready as a dip or spread. I put it on some fresh ciabatta and sprinkled some chia seeds on it. Quick and easy lunch or snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment